ECUAD AWARD WINNER - JONI DANIELSON


joni Danielson

winner of the 2014 thinking student leadership award
emily carr university

Water Moments2014
Variable dimensions, Zines, poster board (ink, marker, pencil crayon on paper), Zine
Poster Board and shelf, 17 x 22"

Many of Vancouver’s streams, wetlands and beaches have been culverted, drained and buried beneath concrete, creating a barrier to connect physically and spiritually with the waterways. Where we cannot mend or heal those waterways, we can develop new ways to reconnect, acknowledge, and appreciate water and all that it has blessed us with. Approaching the city as an explorer, my art is the experiences, challenges and activities I have undertaken to reconnect with our watershed. I share my practice with the community, inviting them to explore with me. I hope to guide others towards developing a connection and relationship to water in their daily life.





Comments